1. The rhythm of the poem is slow.
2. My best line is “Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.” I Love the line because pain truly does open one’s mind.
3. This poem reminds me of when I’d lost my cat ‘Thor’, it was a very painful moment.
4. There’s good use of metaphor and personification in the poem and they were very effective in conveying the poet’s message.
5. My worst line would definitely be “Much of your pain is self-chosen” And if I were to rewrite it, the line would be “Much of your pain comes subtly”
6. The main theme/message Khalil is trying to put across is How necessary pain and heartbreaks are.